Cheesy Ham & Egg Hashbrown Casserole
So the semester is finally over for me, yet I am still interning and working through the holidays (minus one week YAY!). For the end of the semester, my supervision group aka my tribe as I call them had a potluck to celebrate getting through our program to this point and surviving half of internship! It was around 11am and I am a breakfast/brunch person so I offered to make an egg casserole dish. I looked up a BUNCH on Pinterest and found one I liked and decided to make. I modified it some for my tribe and I so I decided to post my recipe here.
I got good reviews from my peers and the boyfriend enjoyed it too. I loved it – it’s not the healthiest casserole I could have made, but it was tasty!
- 1 (32-oz) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound cooked diced honey ham
- 1 (10.75-oz) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1/3 (16-oz) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese [as much as you like for the top of the casserole]
- 8 large eggs
- 1 White Onion [chopped finely]
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Cooking spray (I use coconut oil cooking spray from Trader Joe’s)
- Green onion or hot sauce for garnish if you like
How To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Lightly grease baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix in a large bowl, or your baking dish [if you are lazy like me and only want one bowl to clean up] hashbrowns, ham, cheese, sour cream, onion, and soup. Salt and pepper as needed or desired. -Note: you may have extra mixing if your pan is not deep enough – thats okay, save for a scramble for the next day in your refrigerator.
- In smaller separate bowl, whisk your eggs together, then pour over dish evenly. May require a +/- 2 eggs depending on pan depth.
- Top with as much parmesan cheese as you desire and put in the oven for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven when top is a light golden brown and your knife comes out clean after sticking in the center.
- Let cool for a little, cut, * serve and enjoy warm!
*Sprinkle with green onion or top with hot sauce if you desire